August 11, 2015

I'm offended you find everything so offensive

A woman ran the London Marathon in April while on her period. I bet many did. But Kiran Gandhi did it sans tampon or pad. Why? Because tampons are misogynistic or something. She is tired of period shaming. Whatever that is. She is mad you won't sit around at work and share feelings with her about her period. I'm not making this up. I wish I was.
Gandhi told Cosmopolitan she thinks the social constructs around periods are based on misogyny. 
"I have this vision that if men had their period, because we are in a male-privileging society, that rules would be written into the workplace, rules would be written into the social fabric that enable men to take a moment when they need to or enable people to talk about their periods openly," she said  Link
Seriously, wearing a tampon is a sign of female oppression? I'm trying hard these days to reduce the amount I swear, but what the fuck? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and a body function is just biology. I don't sit around and talk about my latest dump, or the scab I picked off my knee when I meet a customer. I do not want to hear about his chunky vomit or her monthly flow. I know it is modern culture, but we don't have to share everything. "Say, Jim, I shat a turd so big last night I thought it would rip apart my butthole."  Even Joan Rivers would have refused a talk about your period.

In other news, Target will no longer label departments as "boys" or "women" and will no longer separate stock based on gender because...well for reasons I don't understand. If little Jenny asks why the Legos are stocked over by the toy cars I would just say that is where the store keeps them and that answer would serve 999,999 kids out of 1,000,000. Once again we see a segment of society actively searching for reasons to be offended.

Guess what, men and women are different. Why don't we all just dress in a Mao uniform and be done with it? I find pinto beans, rap music, the Toyota Prius, and wearing pajamas bottoms to WalMart offensive. I don't insist these things be banned from society.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

http://www.hsoi.com/resources/offensensitivity.gif

Jean said...

Why is it that those who claim individuality want everything for everyone the same? eye r cornfuzed.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Progressive mind rot.

Rita said...

I'm offended by whiny ass women whose lives are so meaningless that they have to create an issue out of thin air and blame someone else for it.

STFU. Go do or be someone that makes a difference. I'm sure Mother Teresa had better things to do than complain about a non existent discrimination.

Idiot.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger