August 2, 2015

It will be just like floating the Amazon, only different

It looks to be a fine day here in the Hoosier Heartland. This afternoon we will sally forth to attend the company picnic. The festivities will begin with a canoe trip followed by a catered affair. It looks like it will be in the mid 80s and low humidity for the event. I can live with that.

I'm no stranger to a canoe. We owned one when I was a kid. As a young Boy Scout I earned the canoeing merit badge. One year the troop took a week-long canoe trip down the Wabash a River in lieu of going to a sanctioned summer camp. We had great fun. I used to be able to pilot an 18 foot canoe solo with ease. I imagine the old skills remain, I have not been in a canoe for a couple of decades at this point. We shall see. Unless one of my fellow employees rams us or my wife leans us over, I am confident I can make the trip without soaking more than my shoes. That is my intent anyway.

Rain is forecast this week so I will probably try to get the yard mowed after the picnic. That is unless I am too tired or just do not want to. I hope you have a good Sunday.


3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

You're still an Eagle Scout.
You'll do fine.

hey teacher... said...

What, no follow up? Did you swamp the canoe? Was the potato salad good? Did you see any lions on the riverbanks? Did your boss get drunk? Did you get pictures so that Christmas bonus in locked up tight? How was the sack race? Did somebody's kid throw up after sneaking a beer? C'mon, details man!

Joe said...

I steered us strait and steady down the river, the wife barely got her paddle wet. Only my shoes got wet.

Food was good, but company turnout was small.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger