October 14, 2016

For what it's worth

Still hacking up a lung. I'm going to be a blast at the sales meeting next week. Nothing says "fun" like going to a meeting sick. If I'm perfectly honest, I have little to no interest in what is going on in other territories. I'm reasonably sure they don't care what I'm doing. There are no new applications, no new markets for our widgets. Our customer base is defined, either they buy from us, or they don't. As an added bonus, the sales meeting rolls right into a trade show. Woot! I get to stand at a booth and watch people walk by. I am sure I can drive away customers by the dozens with my wet hacking cough. Next week will be one of those weeks where it is good to be me. Is the sarcasm font turned on?

My granddaughter has stayed with us for the past week. It has been great. Mom and dad are back and will pick her up this morning. I'm going to miss her like crazy.

The Cubs will battle the Dodgers for the National League championship. MLB has scheduled the Games in Chicago to start at 7:08 local time. That is 1908 for those who use military time. 1908 was the last time the Cubs won a World Series. Cue Twighlight Zone music.

Here is some Friday Music for your entertainment. I know it ois not what my devoted reader requested, but I think it fits the current times fine. Besides, I dig this tune:


2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

My first LP.

hey teacher... said...

I've always liked this song and those are some righteous "burns" on Neil. How about "Liar" by Queen or "Lies" by the Knickerbockers. That way everyone can agree that the song is appropriate.
Was visiting youngest daughter over the weekend in Speedway. Had some good deep dish at Union Jacks Pub. Good blues playing in the background.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger