June 11, 2017

One lump or two?

There is a big willow tree in my backyard. To answer your question, pretty big. It is way taller than my two story house; maybe 50-60 feet high? The trunk is probably more than eight feet in circumference. It is a big tree, OK? It doesn't matter. Why are you obsessed with the big willow in my backyard? The story is about the squirrel who lives in this big willow. This rodent makes my son's corgi-Jack Russell mix crazy. He hates tree rats with a passion. The squirrel teases and torments the dog like they are characters in a Looney Tunes cartoon.

The other night we were sitting at the kitchen table eating supper. The pup was lying patiently by the table waiting on crumbs to fall to the floor (but not begging). The squirrel came right up to the patio door, stood up on his hind legs, and rested his paws on the glass as if to say "come and get me dog".  The dog about went through the glass. You know that darned rodent was laughing.

The dog keeps the rabbits from eating the lillies and the chipmunks have vacated the atea but I think he has met his match in that squirrel.  It reminds me of this:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted the dog to catch him, just one time.

Ed Bonderenka said...

That's Entertainment!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger