June 10, 2017

The days are longer, stronger than moonshine

I watched highlights of the Comey hearings. This public theater reminded me of a fact I learned decades ago watching the Sunday News shows -- namely, that it is evident our best and brightest don't usually choose politics as their career. I think politics is filled with a whole bunch of Frank Burns of M*A*S*H fame. In addition to being not that bright, I think a vast majority of politicians are egotistic corrupt power-hungry asswipes. At every level of government. Yes, that is a sentence fragment. You may fix the syntax on your own. Diagram the corrected passage and send it to me in order get your final grade.

My passport came back with a fresh "you can go to China as often as you want need to for the next ten years" visa in it. I can stay for 60 days at a time. I don't  think there is any danger I will overstay my visa. My previous China visa was for a one year entry. That was from my 2013 trip. The good news is my trip that was scheduled for Monday has been postponed. The change does not sadden me. I now get to wait until it is really hot to go. Hey Joe, it is 110F. Whatever you do, do not drink the water. I am fairly certain there will be no side trips to the Great Wall this time.

I am a bit jaded, and a lot sarcastic, but I am lucky that I have been all over the US and the world on someone else's dime. I've been places and seen things that most people could only dream about. Short of the military, or part of a flight crew, my experiences are rare and exceptional. It just one more reason you wish you were me.

You do know I'm not really that egotistic right? I am just channelling my inner politician. See how I brought it all back full circle? I hope you have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not guilty of "Man-Spreading".


James Old Guy

Joe said...

The jerk next to me on my last flight sure was.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger