December 11, 2017

i miss those old commercials where Santa rode over the snow on an electric razor

Here we are, another Monday. I’m less than motivated this morning. Yesterday was a tough day. I don’t know where I am on the grieving chart, but it is what it is. Today I just don’t feel like working. That is rare, I cannot remember the last time I woke up and said “I don’t want to go to work today”.

Until today.

Worry not, I’ll suck it up. This time of year is hard. People don’t want to talk to a darn salesman anyway, and especially not at the end of the year when they are trying to work next year’s budget, get projects finished, and are looking to the holidays. I’d like to kick the guy who invented caller ID right in the rear. Except for on my phone, I hate those sales calls. I, on the other hand, have a valuable product my potential customers need. My situation is way different.

In other news, the Colts/Bills football game yesterday was a hoot. Total blizzard conditions left the players sliding and falling in the snow. Coaches needed to pull out the old 1920s playbook, the forward pass was an impossibility; especially in the first half. Of course the Colts managed to blow the game in true Colts inept fashion. The Indianapolis soon-to-be-HOF kicker told them he needed the ball on the right side of the field for a FG attempt. The Colts waste 40 seconds. They never try for a score. They don’t try to get closer. They do not even move the ball to the right hash. They do nothing, they never even run a play! So yeah, the kicker had no time to clean the half foot of snow in the kicking area and the horizontal winds were blowing from right to left, thus, he had to kick from the left. Missed. The defense rolled over in OT. Game Over. Another head-scratching coaching botch job. I’m not sure how they have managed to win 3 games.

A couple of weeks ago we were shopping for Thanksgiving groceries and found some nice Porterhouse steaks on sale for 50% off. I thawed them out yesterday and threw them on the grill. Steak, baked spuds and salad made for a nice Sunday dinner.

Have a great Monday. If I call you, pick up the phone. My boss is riding me and I need some new business. You need a few thousand spherical plain bearings don’t you?

4 comments:

hey teacher... said...

I like my bearings extra crispy, not plain. Hope your sales day becomes productive. I’m making paper(ala China 103 ad) with my 6 th graders today. Nothing beats 11 year olds with wet pulp and lots of water🎉

Jean said...

It's a good thing I don't follow football or the Browns would have me in tears.

Can I get garlic on my bearings?

Joe said...

You will get them covered and in oil!

Jean said...

Ha!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger