January 13, 2018

Staffing Changes

I got a spam email from a dude the other day who told me how great my blog was. Then he offered to write it for me. I guess his message was "you are good, but I am better". If this drivel was written by someone else, it wouldn't be my blog anymore, would it?

I fully acknowledge that better writing would help the place. It might drive up readership. An editor would be a significant improvement. While we are at it, a template change and pruning of the blogroll would spruce the place up too. A pay raise for the writing and custodial staff would improve morale. Perhaps new iPads and laptops for the research department are in order. How about pretzels and cold beer TGIF parties?

Plush offices in one of those new downtown buildings would be sweet. Right now we are running out of a spare bedroom converted into an office. Perhaps we can get the good coffee for the Keurig instead of the Sam's Club store brand? Better yet, how about an espresso machine?

We need polo shirts and hats and coffee mugs with our logo on them. I guess we also need an art department to design a logo.

If we make those changes the blog would really be something.  Oh wait, blogging died about a decade ago. I'm just holding on through life support and sheer hard-headed stubborness. Never mind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly Blogging is on life support and not expected to recover.


James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

You oughta see the letters I get about my newspaper.
I might blog them.

Carole said...

I enjoy reading your blog even tho you don't think it's what it used to be.

hey teacher... said...

Lemme know when you want me to start working on the logo.

Joe said...

Thanks Carole. I still enjoy it. You might have noticed I like to complain. Mostly it is never serious

Teacher, when we go national, you have a deal

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger