January 22, 2018

The best laid plans

I'm glad I am back to work today. I need to recover from the weekend.

We got the Christmas stuff moved from the garage into the attic on Saturday. Yesterday, I moved furniture away from the wall, took down pictures and shelves, and filled in the nail holes. I sanded and made the drywall smooth. I grabbed the quart of paint I purchased last fall to touch up the walls and...the paint was solid. Not the rubbery, chunky goop old paint sometimes morphs into, but solid, like play dough. It was like wet sand. All I can guess is it got frozen in the subzero goodness that has defined most of this month, even though the garage is insulated. Since we start projects around here at 4:00 on Sunday afternoon, the paint store was long past closed.

I told the boss we could move the furniture and I would paint later. Since moving the couch means moving everything in the room, the TV has to move to a different cable outlet box. The box won't work. They promised it was functioning when we switched to cable from the phone company last summer. Nope. 

Everything went back into its current place. The room looks strange with nothing on the walls but white dots of drywall patch. I can look forward to moving everything again after I schedule the cable company service call and buy some paint. Woot.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger