September 21, 2018

Macanudo Memories

We find ourselves sipping coffee on a warm Friday morning. The sun has yet to peek above the horizon beyond the big willow.

After today the spate of extraordinary warm weather is expected to drop to more seasonable temperatures. It will not be long before I am complaining about raking leaves -- it is what I do best. Complaining, that is, not raking leaves. This time of year always brings to mind football games and the raucous cheers echoing from the red brick buildings of the college.

I had a small cigar as I walked through the neighborhood last evening. My wife says it is silly to smoke a stogie while ostensibly exercising. As in most cases, she is probably right, but what the heck. It was my first cigar in weeks.

I'm not aware of any plans for the weekend. The One in Charge will tell me where to be I am sure. I have some long overdue yard work to do. The carpets in my office and the master bedroom still need cleaned. Neither chore sounds like much fun. I shall endeavor to avoid doing either.

What is on tap for your weekend?

Enjoy your Friday.

4 comments:

dragonlady474 said...

Since I've been plagued by headaches/neckaches, I'm going to be happy by doing absolutely nothing. Unless of course we go shopping, then I'll power through it.

Anonymous said...

hah, when it comes to shopping nothing holds back my wife except lack of funds

Joe

Ed Bonderenka said...

Newspaper and radio prep.
Church.

dragonlady474 said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with window shopping! I love to look around at stuff. Especially if it's in an antique store.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger