December 31, 2018

The Year in Review

As 2018 winds down I can only wish it good riddance. I will not look back on the year with the same degree of rancor I viewed 2017, but I won't rank old '18 as one of my favorites.

A quick reflection on the year that was, reminds me I did stuff. Things happened. My favorite teams were more successful than not, but did not win The Big One. I worked, I loved, I lost loved ones. We had a moderate but enjoyable vacation. I spent a couple of weeks in Mexico. My health was pretty good; not great for a man of my age, but I'm alive and kicking.

We made it through 52 weeks and 364 days. Enough said.

We have no big plans for the evening. There will be no champagne. I think we will go for a moderate steak dinner. We might go see a movie, depending on the wait at the restaurant. We will sit on the couch and watch the countdown. I will enjoy a kiss from my wife to welcome the New Year and shortly after the TV confetti and music I will trudge upstairs to bed. Ho hum, ho hum.

If you are going out, don't drink and drive.

3 comments:

commoncents said...

Live Streaming - New Year's Eve 2019 countdown celebrations

https://commoncts.blogspot.com/2018/12/live-new-years-eve-2019-countdown.html

ps. would you consider adding CC to your blogroll?

Ed Bonderenka said...

Well, I held a job for an entire year, unlike 2017 where I went through 4,
proving it can be done.

Jean said...

We ended up fairly well here. A little better in '19 would be nice.

Wishing you and yours a Happy 2019.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger