May 9, 2020

Where the Earth stops, dogs and cats live in peace and AOC is right

For what is likely the first and only time, I agree with AOC. My reasoning is different, but I agree with the liberalist of liberal New York politicians.

JetBlue recently painted up some airplanes in New York police, fire, and “I love New York “ liveries and flew low around Manhattan. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez criticized the move for “green” reasons. I decry the move for different notions, but I do agree with her criticism. 


The airline industry is suffering. JetBlue took taxpayer money to help with operating costs to help survive th economics of the pandemic. Spending money they supposedly do not have to paint up jets and flying them empty at fuel-guzzling altitude makes no sense. 
Sure, it is a nice gesture, but should the nation’s taxpayers pony up for a thank you note in the sky to make New Yorkers feel good? You, me, and many future generations will have hard-earned money taken from our paychecks to fund this feel good moment. Wouldn’t a billboard in Manhattan accomplished the same thing at a fraction of the cost?


2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I felt the same way about the Thunderbirds/Blue Angel's flyover.
Those, I was told, were merely a use of mandated training expenses.
If so, why do we only see them at air shows?

Barb said...

In fairnesd. The fighter planes are like my car which died because I've bern at home a month without driving it (yes,im.an idiot). And their money was an allocation paid put last year. Although here in littleton I have yet to see them.either time even though we have Blackhawks constantly.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger