September 18, 2020

Stuck in the middle...of the 60s...with you

It seems I failed to post anything yesterday. Content was a joke on Wednesday, so it has been a number of days since I posted entries of anything resembling even dubious editorial value. It is no secret I often punt when it comes to Friday content, usually opting for a music video. 

Well, that streak of nebulous content is going to continue today. What say we look at the old music library on the iPhone and randomly shuffle...


Released in 1966, this Boyce and Hart tune was first recorded that same year by Paul Revere and the Raiders. The Monkees version is the best known. The only Monkee to appear on the single was Mickey Dolenz, as was often the case, especially early in the fake rock group’s career. 

As a bonus, here is this video from a “rock group” that came up when I was researching the release year for “Stepping Stone”:



I loved the “Banana Splits” as a kid. If you are younger than dirt, or never went to Kings Island in the 1970s, you probably don’t remember those guys.


1 comment:

squeeky's mom said...

Wasn't a fan of the Monkees back then and have never heard of the Banana Splits. Don't think I missed much. Borepatch has some interesting triva question on music the other day that I passed on to my daughter who plays in a tournament every Wed night.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger