March 12, 2021

Every little thing's gonna be alright

We find ourselves  on a Friday morning with a day off work. I need a day off. 

It is with a great deal of satisfaction that I see a few buds on the maple tree outside my office window are starting to open out a bit. The tulips at the base of the tree have pushed through the mulch by about an inch. Mother Nature never fibs. Spring is upon us. I don't care what the thermometer says.

I come to you this morning from a new medium. I am typing away on a "new" desktop computer. It is my dad's computer. It is not new, but certainly better than the 10 year old laptop I have been using. It was one we bought for my son when he was in high school. I suspect we paid about $300 for it at the time and got what we paid for. This computer seems like a Cadillac in comparison. This is the first desktop machine I have used since we discarded the old one about seven or eight years ago.  That one we bought around 2002 or so. Yes, we are right up on technology here at the old homestead. The wife does have a fairly new iPad and our cellphones are of recent vintage. 

The screen seems gigantic in comparison to the laptop, that is for sure. Getting reacquainted with the number pad is also nice. 

What say we trot out some Friday music? This is full of hope and the beach vibe evokes images of Spring Break and the normal vacation I won't be taking this month:


Have a great Friday, mon amis.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger