May 15, 2021

I showed up in boots

Worked late last night, slept in a little late this morning as a result. I had thought I might get a little yard work done this morning before work, but it is a bit on the chilly side at the moment. Besides, I don’t really want to. I have a three to midnight shift looming and spending the next 15 hours or so on my feet has little appeal. I think I’ll goof off and sip my coffee for a bit then reconsider my options. 

Isn’t it time the rabbits in Washington cleared out the razor wire and fencing? It is not becoming. We are not a nation of cowards, even if our ruling elite are. 

A dang dove is perched on the top of the fireplace, hooting and cooing and it is echoing down the flue. I hate doves. But that they flew from the ark and drowned. Sure the passenger pigeon went extinct, but their stupider cousin the mourning dove remains to annoy me on a sunny spring morning.

Pioneers recorded seeing huge flocks of passenger pigeons in the hinterlands of America. Experts estimate there were three to five billion passenger pigeons at one time. History says they were hunted to death, I say it was the noise of the giant flocks, to say nothing of the resultant guano that made it necessary to cull the birds to extinction. Do I feel bad about it? Not really. I can’t miss something I never new. 

Now that we have covered a variety of minutiae, it is time for today’s musical selection. Who doesn’t love shouting out the chorus of this gigantic hit? 


1 comment:

Cappy said...

This really hits the spot. Unlike resultant guano.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger