May 14, 2021

Hangovers hurt more than they used to

Here we are on a sunny Friday. I’m taking a few minutes to scribble an electronic post before the little granddaughter arrives. 

I have a tough weekend ahead of me; closing tonight and Saturday, and the mid shift Sunday. The good news I may have some opportunities to get new work in the coming weeks. It won’t be a better job,  but at least I won’t have to work every weekend. It won’t be soul-sucking retail.

Time for what you have really clicked here to see — what music will be featured this weekend. I planned all week to go with some classic rock, but just now decided to go in a different direction: eighties country.

Let’s start it off with some Boccephus:


And why not the counterpoint:


I played the heck out of this LP back in the day.

PS I saw Hank in concert back in the mid-eighties, up at the Holidome in Merrillville, IN. One of the worst concerts I ever attended. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hangovers definitely do hurt WAY more than they used to. Of course, just when you could really most use a drink.

Plus, there's the whole world's been turned upside down thing and you have to be at your best and stongest every single minute.

[Sigh.]

And the work thing. So I just went back to work last summer after taking 9 years off to finish raising Sunshine. Got a job making $2 less than I did when I left big firm 9 years ago. Got a dollar raise when they got worried I might leave. Then actually did tell them I was leaving (for $3.75 LESS than they were paying -- because, F@CKING liberals burying me in work, while they stood around all day laughing and joking and complaining about "bad orange man") and they offered me $2 more to stay. Still, NO. There are more important things in life than money.

Took the new job. Quit after one week and 2 hours. Horrible, horrible job. Now they're calling and I think they want me to come back. Might do it until I find something else, cuz we have 3 more years of college "room and board" ($1400 a month for the 2-person small room and CRAP food - thank GOD and Sunshine for academic scholarship and direct entry).

But there's GOT to be something better out there. It's definitely an employee's market right now.

Sorry so wordy. Guess I'm posting on your blog. But I do feel a little better now. Hope you don't mind too much, HB....


Freddie

Joe said...

Wow, I can’t believe your daughter is in college! But then I consider we have been at this since 2005.

I now have granddaughters roughly the age Sunshine was back in the day.

I’ve been doing this way too long.

Jean said...

I don't think it's way too long. I think there are different reasons over time that make it good for the soul.

Sunshine in college and Joe a grandpa. Holy Wow.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger