July 6, 2021

I hates that wabbit

 I’m starting to understand Elmer Fudd a bit better.


That is my first jalapeño from my garden. Notice the chewed off end. Yeah, the damn rabbits ate it. Along with all of the blooms that get me more wonderful jalapeño peppers. He also took a bite out of the one tomato that was turning red. 

There is a short fence around the garden. I sprayed the fence, plants, and dirt with ant-rodent spray. I can’t use the .410 in the city limits (besides, I lost in canoeing). I may have to borrow my friend’s high powered pellet gun. 

I didn’t mind Bugs Bunny eating the dandelions. Now he has developed a taste for the wife’s flowers and my garden. We have a problem. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I posted this prior but stick white plastic forks or spoon around the plant and it'll stop your problem. Started using them last summer when I first read this and it worked. I put one on each side and one in front.
Margi

Joe said...

I forgot you mentioned that. I’ve poked some around we will see what happens

Practical Parsimony said...

Rabbits did that? Could it be anything else?

Joe said...

Yeah, the plastic silverware thing didn’t work.

My fence is now higher. We will see if 5at works

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger