July 2, 2021

Miss Elaineous Meanders

Perhaps it was the Mexican casserole. It was perhaps the salsa, it was on the spicy hot side of the spectrum. It could have been the fact that I ate a few too many chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. Likely it is a whole bundle of worries. Certainly a combination of all of those things. In any case, I have a terrible case of acid reflux way too early this morning. Bad enough to get and keep me up at four ayem. So it goes.

I can only laugh at the news earlier this week where the citizens of California are asked to reduce their energy use in the evenings; specifically NOT to plug in their electric cars. They don’t have enough electricity to power everything. Typical politicians mandating electric vehicles without planning how to power them. I don’t feel bad. You Californians voted for those Democrats. Far be it from me to shout I told you so. But I did and I will. Think my anonymous commenter will show to admit my righteousness? As the Duke says in my favorite western, “not hardly”*. 

I was going to dive into some music here, but I think I’ll nap a bit instead. I have to check into short term disability from work this morning, and spending time with HR and insurance folks will surely try my patience. I need to rest for the battle.

*guess

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I can hear him say it. I can see him say it. But I can't remember which movie it was. Not hardly.
Big Jake?

Ed Bonderenka said...

There is a book called People's Republic by Colonel Kurt Schlichter.

Ed Bonderenka said...

And it describes California in the near future yet you can see the seeds now. I highly recommend it.

Joe said...

I love Kurt Schlicter

Joe said...

Yes, Big Jake

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger