August 10, 2021

Crap, I published yet another post without a title, but I fixed it now (sorta)

Lightning is flashing and thunder is rumbling to the south and east as I hunt and peck on the little iPad keyboard. According to the weather app, a thunderstorm cell is just a few miles away towards Indy, but it looks like it will miss me. Mostly.

I’m up early. Stuff on my mind. Plus I must have flexed my toes on my right foot in my sleep because a jolt of mild pain in my foot woke me up. Then, because I’m old and a man, I had to pee. By the time I grabbed the crutches and finally got to the bathroom, etc., I just stayed up. 

I’ve not watched a Cubs game since the big sell off. Big deal you mutter. I usually watch around 125-130 of the 162 game regular schedule. Yes, I watch a lot of baseball. I haven’t really even followed the daily box scores much. Ive done that since I was about eight or nine when I started doing it as I read the daily newspaper. I’ll get over it. It’s just going to take a couple of minutes.

I may have some big news to report later. You should probably check back often. Ten or twelve times today seems about right. You do that and I’ll get 45 or 50 hits today! 

In other news, I remember now why I hated second shift back when I worked it in 1986 or so. You get home too late and you go in too early to get anything done. My current 12:30-900 schedule really chops up the day. I feel like I haven’t had a decent meal in weeks. But paycheck.

The Republicans Charlie Browns are about to get Lucy’d with the “infrastructure “ football yet again. For supposed “career” politicians they are sure bad at politics. Oh, and don’t worry Senator Todd Young, we will not forget your role in bringing this boondoggle to the floor, even if you vote against it now. Too late. You should have studied what happened to Evan Bayh and Dick Luger when they betrayed their conservative Hoosier voters, you Rino turd.

Have a great Tuesday, amigos.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

waiting....

Practical Parsimony said...

I remember working 12--8. The only perk was I did not have to get up early. But, that year I had no summer.

Cheryl said...

I'm waiting too.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger