August 25, 2021

That queasy feeling

Charlie Watts, the great drummer from The Rolling Stones has passed. The musicians from my youth are dying off. 

The heat wave continues. Heat index temps will top 100 again today and are expected to continue through the weekend. It is August. Hot temperatures should be expected. At least it isn’t like when I was a kid, we didn’t have air conditioning. We just sucked it up. Now I have AC. My electric bill is going to be ugly. 

I finally get those who say they are embarrassed by their country. I’m sure embarrassed by this administration. We are being run out of Afghanistan with our tails between our legs by dudes in Toyota pickup trucks. The President thinks this is great. The rest of the World, especially China, just laughs at us. I’m glad Biden is bringing American respectability back to the world stage. At least he doesn’t tweet mean stuff. 

I don’t possess the vocabulary to adequately express my anger and disgust. 

If Trump did this the Dems would already be having impeachment hearings. Now, they are more interested in spending trillions on Green New Deal boondoggles. Afghanistan and the spending bills reflect typical Democratic Party half-thought policies. Do it half-assed and depend on magic to fix the myriad problems the policy causes. No big deal — it is just American lives at stake. 

Spit.

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I am older than you by a lot. I clearly remember the suffocating heat when I was a child in Jackson, MS. My parents must have felt it more acutely. I love ac.

Anonymous said...

I have two systems due to house size but of course the upper floor has broken and needs a new compressor. Finances being what they are isn't really conducive to laying out large sums at this point and have found I don't mind sleeping in the heat. Who knew. I am like PP in that I was don't really remember when AC was common.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I've turned on the AC twice this year. Each time we had guests over for a Bible study.
Other than that, I just remind myself of how I was raised without it and get by with a window fan in another room drawing the heat out of the house and night air into my room.

Cappy said...

Well, that's what you get with Trustifarians in charge. Not the heat, the humiliation.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger