October 10, 2021

There I go, thinking again

 I heard an ad on the radio earlier in the week seeking people to work at Camp Attabury in south central Hoosierdom to work in food prep and janitorial positions. These people would provide services to Afghan refugees. 

Here’s a thought. Why don’t the refugees clean up after themselves and provide kitchen labor? We brought them here. We’re giving them a free place to live, probably money, certainly free healthcare. Is it too much to ask for a little sweat equity for those freebies? 

Yeah, I know rayyyciiiist.

5 comments:

Cappy said...

Racist?

Wasn't Brandon a racer?

Greybeard said...

Not only racist, you're showing your privilege too.
Stopit.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I would guess because, left to themselves, only a third-world level of cleanliness would reign, and they would destroy the facilities.

If this be racisss, make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

Had a Somali couple rent an apartment and over time he told me his story. Dad was a Dr killed by the ruling fraction at that time. When 10 year old brother coming out of school was stopped by the soldiers to come with them the boy he said no I want to be a Dr. like my father. They came back the next day and shot him in the street as a warning to the boys in the school. Renter later kidnapped and held for 10days. Dr friend called one night and said get out they are coming for you. Grabbed a bag and ran. Lots more but he made it here 7 years before. But she got pregnant and he came and asked if spray cleaner in bath would hurt her. He did the cleaning and didn't want her injured but mold was growing. He was not uneducated but I guess there a limit.

Unclezip Is Pointing&Laughing said...

I'd do it, but only if I can go in strapped.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger