November 1, 2021

What the blooming heck?

 It is November first. I still have day lilies blooming in my backyard. How strange is that?

I had four plants leftover last year when we redid the front flower bed. They sat in their plastic store pots for weeks. Almost dead, I finally stuck them in the ground next to the patio out back. I watered them when I remembered. I was frankly shocked when they popped up this spring. Those hardy little guys have been pumping out a bloom or two per plant since early June. 

Sub-freezing temperatures are forecast for later this week. Mother Nature will win over the flower’s best efforts, I’m afraid.

Those four little yellow day lilies are now my favorites.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger