December 11, 2021

There will be no product placement in this post Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup

Harsh spring-like thunderstorms lashed the old homestead in the overnight hours. No tornadoes were sighted, but we were placed under a watch advisory. The rain and thunder was hard enough to wake me and I slept fitfully after the front moved quickly by. 

Today marks the eldest granddaughter’s birthday party. She turns seven next Thursday. She has elected to have a bunch of her friends to a bowling party. I’m not sure she has ever bowled, but it will still be a hoot. Tomorrow is her dance recital, so a busy weekend is on tap.

Yesterday was inventory day at work. Woot. Not really. It is more just a thing every business has to do. I’m no stranger to counting stuff. I might have related the story of my first manufacturing job. I was a management trainee by title. That meant I did whatever job needed doing. My only assigned task was to be in charge of the inventory count. The big difference is the company did a complete inventory count every month. I mean we counted everything from bolts to rags to raw material to finished goods. Yes, I think someone at corporate was a little obsessive. 

Shortly after yesterday’s count was complete I got a phone call on my private phone. It was some great news. That is two Friday’s in a row that God has chosen to bless me, far more than I deserve. Details will follow in the coming days, but the day could not have been better. 

Well it could have, but the wife just didn’t know what “that” had to do with anything…

Have a great Saturday.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Of all the jobs I had over all the years I spent in manufacturing, counting inventory was my least favorite.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger