February 5, 2022

The neighbors are all on the move this morning

The azure sky is reflected in the whites of the snow as a cold breeze drops wind chills below zero. The maple in the front yard beckons bare limbs to the boreal winds. The neighbor’s truck warms in the driveway, now the snow crunches under tires as he pulls away.  I sip coffee and muse on the simple but generous gifts God has given me. 

I type away in my office recliner today, the upstairs warmer than the lower story, even with the vents shut. Warm air rises and science wins here at Chez Joe. 

The oldest boy sent me his W2s, so I will fire up the desktop and do his taxes this morning. 

I finally got my office arranged in the guest bedroom. The office has been in that room for a couple of years, but I needed a new desk to accommodate my new computer gear. The old desk had a hutch and while I miss the shelves and nooks, I like the new big monitors. Hard to believe I worked for two decades with just a laptop. 

Blog buddy Jean will love the framed newspaper above the TV

Why yes, I hate the brown walls. They will be repainted after the kitchen and family room. When we moved here my office was in a different room and this was just a spare bedroom we used as a sorta den.The wife chose this color. Now we have spoiled granddaughters who each have their own bedroom for the little one’s nap and the elder’s occasional sleep over. Why not? We have the space*. Thus, I moved my office to the front bedroom instead of the one in back overlooking the big willow. That’s fine. This room is bigger anyway.

I need more coffee and you are tired of my rambling.

Have a great Saturday.


*the granddaughters each have there own room, but growing up my sons had to share a bedroom. This was a source of constant tension and a fact I am reminded of every time the oldest comes to visit. We “downsized” into the largest house we have ever owned when we moved up to the northern ‘burbs. But the yard is much smaller, does that count?


Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger