February 6, 2022

I’ll count to three to give you a chance to just walk away

Lee Child’s Reacher books are among my favorites. I’ve read most of them at this point, picking them up mostly when they are on sale for my Kindle. Reacher is Travis McGee without all the introspection. 

In all honesty, the two film versions of Jack Reacher novels are pretty good. Tom Cruise gets the personality of the character down perfectly. He portrays the silent menace and just-below-the-surface violence Reacher radiates . He just cannot fit the bill physically. Reacher is a hulk of a man, Cruise is like 5’7”. 

Amazon Prime channel has released a new Reacher series. I caught episode one yesterday morning. Yes. That is Reacher on film. The series covers book one, The Killing Floor, one of my least favorites, but so it goes. I am finding the show entertaining. So far.


I suppose it is important to someone in the government to point out I am not compensated in any way to tell you I like this show. Quite the contrary, I am paying to watch it.

5 comments:

glasslass said...

Reacher has long been a favorite of mine. But another favorite is C.J. Box character Joe Picket. Was a recommendation from a librarian. Joe Pickett has just made into a series like Reacher and is suppose to be very good.

Joe said...

I’ll check it out

Barb said...

The reviews are only so so about Reacher, but at least he fits the profile now, lol. I'm three in and staying. I don't know if it will be as good as Bosch, who you should read if you have not. Agree with Joe Pickett. Did not know he was made into a series but the other series of books CJ Box write (about a gal) has been turned into something called Montana Skies.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm watching Reacher and thrilled with it.
Interesting is that my wife is also.

Ralphd00d said...

I binged Reacher on Friday. I enjoyed it better than the Tom Cruise movies.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger