February 11, 2022

Where the heck are the Rice Krispies?

 There is a cold rain falling. This time last week it was snow. That white stuff is still on the ground, at least for now. We shall see if the rain melts it or puts a protective layer of ice on top as temperatures hover just above freezing. 

It seems my worst fears are coming true. MLB is going to institute the Designated Hitter *spit* in the National League. They will likely continue with the little league softball rule by putting a “runner” on second base to start extra innings. *double spit*. I do not possess the vocabulary to properly voice my disdain for both rules. I loathe the DH. Is there a stronger word than “loathe”? Substitute it for me. 

Hold on. 

Sorry. FedEx dropped off a box then the boss called.

I’ve been reading a book about Napoleon and his 100 Days return after exile. It is a slog. At this rate it will take me at least 100 days to get through it. To be fair, The book really is engaging, I do fine once I’m reading, I just am reluctant to pick it up. You readers will know what I mean. 

We are watching the grandgirls this evening while my Daughter and SIL go out for his birthday. I’m sure we will have some fun. Unfortunately, they aren’t spending the night. We are just babysitting. 

There you go, a real post, not some music video.

Really worth waiting for, wasn’t it?

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

It's good to read good news.

Jean said...

Sorry, I like the DH but I hate the start a runner on 2nd base rule.

We still have almost a foot of snow in the yard. Had some rain that melted a bit of it. Just today finished shoveling the last snow from the driveway.

Cappy said...

Start running the bases counterclockwise.

Just testing the cookies settings to see if I can comment here again. Also testing the limits of your credulity.

Joe said...

Those limits are low indeed

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I just don't watch baseball anymore. 2016 World Series was enough for me.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger