May 2, 2022

Locked up by the Ministry of Truth

I guess at some point I will have to decide if I want to keep blogging nonsense like the previous post, or wait until I’m shut down by our new Ministry of Truth. 

If I disappear, you will know what happened.

The same people who have created this new Big Brother department  are the very folks who claim people who believe like me are “threats to democracy “. 

You can cut the irony with a knife.

Why the Republicans aren’t moving immediately to make sure this terrible idea has ZERO funding escapes me. Make every Democrat stand up and publicly tell us why censorship and destroying the First Amendment is a good idea. I cannot write this enough: the First Amendment exists to protect the stuff we find most offensive. Why won’t the elected officials fight this government abuse right now? Nip it in the bud. The entire concept is chilling, scary, and an anathema to the very underlying concepts laid down by our Forefathers. 

I’m not surprised by the tepid response of our elected officials. Not really. All politicians want to control us. 

Makes me sick.

2 comments:

glasslass said...

You said that beautifully. Why isn't the GOP taking a full page ad out in the NYT denouncing not only the department but the loony tunes they put in charge.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

The Pubs are secretly all for it. They just don't want you to know it.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger