June 22, 2022

Back home again, in Indiana

Cue Jim Neighbors singing the old song no one outside of Hoosierdom has ever heard. We rolled into the drive around 2:30 am this morning. The wife drove to Cullman, AL and I drove the rest of the way home. The driving was split pretty equal. I sure did not want to get up for work when the alarm rang a bit after seven this morning. But I did. 

We had a great mini vacaction. Now I can work for the next eight months or so before we can do it again. 

Gas was ridiculous, and I don’t mind saying we fueled up outside of Louisville to save more than $0.60 a gallon over Indiana’s high gas taxes. Our gas is going up at least another nickel a gallon next week as the gas tax goes even higher. The perfidious politicians tied the tax to the price of oil and inflation, so we are hit extra hard every time prices rise.*  The higher the price at the pump, the higher the tax. Bidenflation really is a regressive tax. Where are the Occupiers protesting this administration? 

We are home safe, happy and broke. Life is good.

*Theoretically, the tax would go down should the price of gas fall.

Gone

Here is the wife on a sunset boat cruise Monday evening. She’s a happy girl anytime we go on a road trip.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Glad you had a good time.
She just keeps getting prettier.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think the big oil companies are trying to make up profits for the COVID years? I mean they were making way less during those 2 years - people working from home - going nowhere. I'm not sure how Biden is responsible for this. And then we had so many people against trying to contain COVID - which then lead for it to spread even more, keeping people out sick, etc. and then things started spiraling downwards. So I don't think you can put all the blame on Biden, and I'm not a big fan of his, BTW. Just ridiculous to think it's all his fault.

Anonymous said...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/05/31/gas-prices-biden-approval-clean-energy/

Practical Parsimony said...

I would have waved if I had known you would be in Cullman. Be glad you are dealing with crazies on the interstate. People have worse driving habits on the backroads.

Joe said...

Big Oil profit margins are in the 6-10% range. That is not great.

When an administration pledges they will close your refineries, force people to not use your products, and promises to dry up your sources of raw materials, then your business is not attractive to investors.

What bank is going to loan you money to start drilling on an oil lease when the government says they will stop you as soon as they can?

So yes, Biden is partially responsible. You don’t have to research very hard to find videos of him in the presidential debates and the campaign trail promising those very things.

Joe said...

I think I am clear that I blame Hoosier Republicans for the exorbitant price of gas in my state. By next week I will pay more than $0.80 per gallon in state taxes.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger