June 18, 2022

Hanging at John Boy’s Fort

I have to ask, is it a state law in Alabama that drivers aren’t allowed to use cruise control? I’ve never seen a bunch of drivers so unable to control their speed in my life, unless it is the jackasses from Illinois. At least they don’t park in the left line and refuse to move over like Buckeyes tend to do. 


The grandkids are off on vacation with their parents, so the wife has next week off. I had a couple of comp days available for Sunday work and travel, so we packed the car and motored off late last night to the beach, where I secured a room using hotel points for a few nights. It is a wife’s birthday/fathers day/anniversary trip combined. We have a parking lot view, but so it goes. I don’t intend to spend my time in the hotel room anyway. I got the whole stay for fewer points than one night of sea view with a balcony. 

This is the view poolside. It is good enough for me. 

I slept a few hours last evening while the wife packed. I then drove straight through while she snored in the car. We road trip well together and both enjoy long car trips. We’re here. We made it safe. I’ll send you a post card if I can find a stamp. 

1 comment:

Cappy said...

Parking in the left lane is a state law in Ohio.

Get of my case, dang it!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger