June 15, 2022

Probably NSFW

It is hot here too. It is often like that in the summer. Since it rained most of the weekend and Monday, the grass needs cutting. I was unwilling to go out in 95F heat yesterday evening to do the work. Besides, the granddaughter had a swim meet. It was hot enough poolside. In fact, it was a little cruel watching others get to swim in the water. It was not recreational splashing though. It was work. A length of the pool is a long way for a seven year-old to butterfly. Ha, it is a long way for a sixty year-old to butterfly! Maybe I can get to the mowing after supper this evening. 

In other news...yeah. I have conference calls every morning this week. On-going discussions with customers on price increases continue. One customer in particular is very resistant. I have used every phrase available in my vocabulary to say “It ain’t optional Pal” without actually saying it. This afternoon will mark the fourth discussion with this recalcitrant customer. In response to “justification” in my conversation yesterday I finally asked in desperation, “have you been to the grocery, have you seen the price at the pump?”. We have reached to point where I tell them today they must take the adjustment or we quit shipping July 1st. Whilst that position doesn’t burn bridges, it sure leaves some smoke stains on the footings. Oh well, this isn’t my first time handing out price increases. Nor will it be the last. 

My coffee is getting cold and I’m running out of boring nonsense to write. Have a great hump day. 

Oh, I was going to post a joke. Instead I posted a joke of a post.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger