July 18, 2022

I have no answers part 37

After significant internal debate I took down yesterday’s post. It was a sarcastic and mildly clever poke at gun control. I took it down not because I now disagree with the sentiment, but in light of events in Indy yesterday, the mocking tone was marginal. Maybe.

A gunman toting a long gun opened fire in the food court of the Greenwood Park Mall in a suburb of Indianapolis, killing three and wounding two. What the police have termed “a Good Samaritan” pulled his handgun and killed the murderer before his rampage could get worse.

That last paragraph says everything that needs be said about gun control. 

There has been a great deal of handwringing panic over Indiana’s new right to carry law that took effect a few weeks ago. This is why it exists. 

I took down the post for its facetious tone out of respect for the dead, not its message.   

Update. Reposted. 

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I respect that.
But it was a true sentiment.
As was your second paragraph.
That "Good Samaritan" has to live with having killed another human being.
It will help that he saved many more, presumably himself and his included, doing so.

Cappy said...

I understand swapping out the post out for one with a gentler delivery. And, of course, I agree with the point of it.

Note also that the hero has retained an attorney. Sad that it has come to that.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger