July 11, 2022

The back flower beds are still weed choked

It started innocently enough. I told the wife I was going to mow the back yard. She said she would come out and pull some weeds. As I laced up my mowing shoes she said “we should get some bags of mulch for the front flower beds”. Translated that means why don’t I go get some mulch. After some sharp words I got my keys and drove down to Lowes to get some mulch. 

I spread the mulch through the front flower beds. Then I helped her plant a big flower she got for her birthday. Then “we” needed to trim up those trees in the back. So I grabbed the saw and pruners. She said “cut here and here and here and there and there and there”.  As sawdust stuck to my sweaty arms and legs she said she was going to get cleaned up. She headed inside. There I was with a big pile of limbs to be trimmed and cut and loaded into the trash cans. By the time I was done mulching and trimming and cleaning and watering I was too dang tired to mow. 

The yard does look better. “We” did a good job. 

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I'll give my wife this -- at the house, when she wanted something done outside, either she did it herself or she helped till it was done. And she had a replacement hip and was heading toward needing another one when we moved last fall.

Practical Parsimony said...

Well, I am proud of you! There will be another hot day to mow the back yard. Maybe she can point you to the back flower garden.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger