August 29, 2022

jerks everywhere

I like animals. I like dogs, I like cats. We had a menagerie of pets when I was a kid, including multiple dogs, cats, turtles, and a chipmunk. All at once.

My next statement will likely annoy some of my readers. Dogs do not belong in a restaurant. Period. They especially do not belong in the booth with you.

What is wrong with this man?

This was the scene that greeted us as we walked into a local deli for a late lunch yesterday. 

When the guy left he carried the dog in his arms like a baby. The whole thing was unnecessary. Just like the people who insist on taking their dogs to Lowes or Home Depot, it is nothing more than a narcissistic shout of “look at me”. 

I will go further, if you cannot face the pressure of going to a restaurant without your pseudo comfort animal I would suggest Door Dash was created just for you. 

I’m torn between just venting here or contacting the Board of Health. After all, it is not the business’s fault the patron is a jerk (he was hidden from the counter). 

If you are this guy, then I hold you in total disdain. But then I’m sure you don’t care what I, or anyone else thinks, you proven that by letting your dog slobber all over a table where the next people might sit to eat. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m sure it was a liberal needed support dog.

Anonymous said...

WallyGator, an emotional support alligator, has been much in the news the past day or so. I have no idea as to the political leanings of the owner (or, for that matter, of the alligator).

Ginger

Practical Parsimony said...

Dogs need to stay home! I really hate dogs in grocery buggies (carts to you).

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger