September 14, 2022

To the surprise of no one who bought groceries, inflation rose again last month

Dense fog blankets the neighborhood as I nestle in the office recliner. I woke a little after four AM, and after tossing and turning I stumbled down to the kitchen, fired up the coffee maker, and started the day. I read work emails from overnight, personal emails (all junk), and the normal morning first reads. Those internet stops include a daily Bible verse, Dilbert, Kim DuToit, and a couple of news sites. Now I have turned to the old blog. 

I have a TV in the office. I rarely turn it on. About once every few weeks the granddaughter comes in while I’m at work and sits in the recliner and watches kids shows. This lasts about ten minutes before she is dragging in toys and begging to spin in my office chair. That said, I have the morning news playing quietly as I type. I will shut it off before I start the work day in earnest.

Warm weather is in the forecast for the weekend with the temps pushing 90F. We have been invited to go hang out at our friends’ pool on Saturday if the nice weather holds. Those same plans have been canceled due to weather the past few times we were invited. As autumn gains momentum this could’ve one of the last days relaxing around the pool with friends, beer, and nice cigars.

I may try to get in a little nap before the work day starts. I have an online monthly sales meeting this morning. The affair is a snoozer even when I have a whole night’s sleep. It will be a challenge this morning with just a few hours sleep. 

I hope you got a good night’s rest. The soporific tone of this post blog will work like a good melatonin supplement.

As I have often opined, you get what you pay for.

Today is my baby girl’s birthday. She may be thirty-something and a mom herself, but she will always be that little girl with pigtails in her hair to me. 

Update:  The queen is still dead. Can we back off the coverage a little?

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

The Queen-
I agree, there IS other news out there I'd like to hear.
But my wife would argue.

It'll settle down only when she's in the ground.
May she rest in peace.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger