November 3, 2022

I know all the words to this one

Peter Gunn was a Private Eye series that ran from 1958-1961first on NBC then on ABC. It was created by Blake Edwards and starred Craig Stephens. I can say I have never watched an episode. But I can state that the series had one terrific theme song. Written by a Henry Mancini (who often teamed up with Edwards), it is a Jazz and blues staple.


Even the Blues Brothers covered the tune;



On this date in 2016, in the early hours of the morning, the Cubs won the greatest baseball game ever played. 


3 comments:

Cappy said...

Shut up with The Cubs already!

Joe said...

Ha ha Cappy, I watched a rerun of game 7 last night. I enjoyed it almost as much as the first time.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Go Cubs. If you ever can again. At least you won one in my lifetime.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger