December 14, 2022

Away in the Manger

Last night we went to see our youngest granddaughter in her pre-school Christmas program. Yes, it was a Christmas program, not a holiday show, since it was at a church. 

There is nothing that illustrates the meaning of Christmas more than a bunch of 2,3,and 4 year-olds singing Christmas songs. I have to imagine God was smiling. I know I was grinning the whole time. The sweetness factor was unbelievable. The kids were dressed in their finest and behaved magnificently. Some really got into the singing, some froze in unimaginable stage fright, staring straight at the crowd of several hundred parents, siblings, and grandparents, unmoving the whole time. It was a hoot. 

This is the stuff of Christmas memories.

5 comments:

Cappy said...

That is wonderful!

Greybeard said...

Christmas Spirit?
You bet.
Love it.

Anonymous said...

Children make Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Children make Christmas!

Practical Parsimony said...

I was in charge of the Christmas play and all the children were in it, small church. My two-year-old and same age child of my best friend were shepherds. Well, my friend's child took the doll from the manger, held it by the legs and beat its head on the manger. Meanwhile, my daughter pulled up her clothes and closely examined her navel. My husband, the minister was furious and was fussing at me, telling me once again how stupid I was when the church members came up said it was the best nativity play and funniest they had ever seen. It was a good play, memorable.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger