January 10, 2023

Don’t Look, Ethel

So Biden took Top Secret Documents after he was VP and carelessly left them in a desk. 

I suspect the outrage from the press and Democrats (redundancy warning) to start immediately  never. Only Trump is held to a higher standard. 

My agreement is done with Really Big Customer. It shouldn’t be that easy. Now I think I left money on the table. I gave less than I budgeted, leaving room for negotiations that didn’t happen, so maybe I just hit that very narrow win-win the books talk about. Maybe I’m just good. Maybe the other guys just didn’t want to argue. Who knows?

Starting tomorrow the primary street that feeds my neighborhood and several others will be cut off from the main highway. A major rebuilding project has been ongoing for years to the highway, with one interchange left. Now they have run out of money. So tens of thousands will have to drive miles out of the way to eliminate a stoplight that has been there for decades. An estimated 67,000 people use that intersection every day, but we are just going to close it until they do rebidding this fall. That means at least 2024 or 2025 until the new elevated roundabout will be complete. Sorry, it sucks to be you taxpayer. 

We have money for a new art center and bike trails no one uses, but the funds are just not there for a damn street. Oh, and sucks to be you small business owners in the strip malls that line both sides of the highway. And the only other way into the stores and neighborhoods goes through school zones. That’s a great idea, feed traffic through schools. 

F-ing bureaucrats and politicians.

Enough rambling on about nothing, I have to get to work. I have a long commute. It is all of two steps from my office recliner to my desk. 

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Roundabout?

Cappy said...

A double decked roundabout with express lanes and truck only lanes, and rapid transit in the middle. Take that, Carmel!

Anonymous said...

Roundabout = traffic circle. The plague of the northern Indy suburbs

Cappy you should look up the drawing of the interchange planned at 146th and Allisonville. You aren’t far off.

Greybeard said...

"Roundabout".
An old "Yes" song. Check it out.

Some time ago I heard a piece on NPR (spit) about how the expense of establishing them is worthwhile. Apparently Carmel, Indiana is the roundabout capital of the country. I kinda like 'em. Wife hates 'em... once she enters she doesn't know when to exit. ;)

I hope you're not cooking that chuck roast on a gas stove.

Joe said...

Graybeard—Yes is my all-time favorite band! I must have a half dozen different versions of Roundabout on my phone!

Once you get used to roundabouts, traffic really does flow better. They just aren’t needed at every intersection. I’m looking at you Carmel.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger