March 30, 2023

The Cubs are in First Place

It is Thursday and it feels like a Friday. I say that because I took tomorrow off as a vacation day. What? Yes, you in the back? Reasons, that is why. 

It is opening day of baseball.my expectations for the Cubbies are low. I hope to win more than they lose. I think the lack of a big strikeout arm will be an issue. I think the lack of consistent offense will be a bigger problem. Lack of offense has plagued the team since the World Series victory in ‘16. 

We will see how much attention I pay to my formally favorite sport. I hate the pitch clock. I loathe the designated hitter. I think limiting pitcher’s ability to hold runners on base is stupid. Rickey Henderson would have 2000 stolen bases under these rules. 

Hey MLB, I am not the smartest guy in the world, but faster games, including a shortened time between innings, equals fewer commercials. Fewer commercials means less revenue. 

Did I mention I hate the pitch clock? 



2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I've given up on MLB. The pitch clock and the DH are both abominations. Guess I'll have to content myself with college and minor league ball going forward.

But I grieve for my Cubbies.

Greybeard said...

Let me reveal myself also as a curmudgeon.
Why should I give a damn about some extraordinary athlete from Santo Domingo who will be playing against my home team next year?
PRO SPORTS SUK.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger