May 6, 2023

All because Charles de Lorencez couldn’t take an undermanned fort

It was a nice evening and we had a few errands to run. On the way home the wife suggested we grab some Mexican food, because of course she did; Mexican is her favorite. I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo.  The restaurant as packed and people were standing outside waiting for a table. Oh well, we had nothing else to do. 

Cinco de Mayo is not a major holiday in Mexico, mostly it is celebrated in Puebla. It celebrates the Battle of Puebla in 1862, where the Mexican Army defeated the French. I have been to Puebla several times and the Battle is a minor part of its culture and history. There are stories and pictures over there in the archives of some of my trips to Puebla. 

In the end we had some great food. We just waited longer than usual to get it. The wife had her normal unauthentic chimichanga, I went for arroz con pollo instead of my usual two enchiladas, since we had a coupon for a free entree. 

Riveting stuff right? 

Apparently, Great Britain is crowning a new monarch. I don’t care. King Chuck is just a guy, no better than me. In fact, since I never cheated on my wife and I don’t live the life of a millionaire off the backs of working people, I might just be better than he. If the people of a Great Britain want o have that family as their sovereign it is not my problem, I just have no interest in caring about any of it. I will add that if by the slimmest or chance I would see the King there is zero chance I would bow or even doff my hat. 

I’m an American and he means nothing to me. 

Have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Cappy said...

Missed you at the after coronation party at Taco Bell.

Anonymous said...

🌮

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger