June 17, 2023

When it comes to brains he got the short end of the stick

Like every day this week I woke up early. I don’t know why. I am sure you do not know either. That means the opening to this post is mere complaint. I have become the Karen of blogging. I would like to see the manager about waking every day at 5:30, please. 

I will have to pause in my one-fingered typing on the little iPad keyboard a little more often this morning. My favorite Yeti cup is dirty, so I am drinking from a ceramic travel mug instead. The ceramic cup does not keep the java hot as long. I do not enjoy cold coffee. Yes, I could have washed the Yeti cup. What is your point? 

We are heading off this afternoon to our friends’ to hang out at their pool. Beer, cigars, and laughter are all in the plans. I can live with that. It is good to be me. It is better to have friends with nice stuff who are willing to share. I will, of course, bring my own beer and stogies. We will also bring snacks. The wife is not a heathen, and she has trained me to behave in polite society. Mostly. 

A new cookie store opened nearby. We decided to stop and try out the place the other evening. Two girls/young women were in front of the store posing with their open box of cookies for pictures. I suppose it was an Instagram post. My first thought was “why?”, who cares what you are going to eat. My second was “so what, it doesn’t affect me at all”. Whatever, girls, whatever. The name of the franchise is a bit strange; Dirty Dough. I don’t think they paid a marketing expert a lot of cash to come up with that moniker. It doesn’t make you want to rush out and grab an overpriced treat.

I am in a country frame of mind this morning. 



Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger