November 22, 2023

Humpin’ up to the holiday

Here it is on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Work has been slow, and I expect today to be a real snooze fest. I’m torn, I need to call a customer, but I know the last thing on his mind is talking to a widget salesman on the day before a long holiday. Maybe I’ll call late morning and hope for voicemail. 

It is my hope I can wrap things up in time to get the outside lights up before dark. If not, I can work on it during the day tomorrow. I am quickly heading towards the “heck with it” stage. I just can’t get in the holiday mood this year. 

It not just the holidays. I started writing a new story. I’m four chapters in, have the balance of the tale outlined in a broad sense, but I have no motivation to do the actual work. Frankly, this story is better than my last one, but that makes no difference. I guess I’m at the why bother stage. I spent hundreds of hours on my current book for about 25 books sold. A follow-up effort will likely garner fewer readers. I cannot see working that hard for a vanity project. I can spew my nonsense right here with a modicum of effort. 

Boo hoo, boo hoo. 

How about some righteous rock and roll? After the holiday I will start playing Christmas music, despite my Jewish readers. So maybe you should listen to this today. 



Back when they rocked instead of singing power ballads. Of course there is nothing like being lectured to by rich musicians.

Have a great Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If not, I can work on it during the day tomorrow."

Words no hosting woman has ever said about Thanksgiving day.

Hope you have a nice holiday, HB.

Freddie

Joe said...

No hosting here this year, first time in memory.

Happy Thanksgiving

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Play that Christmas music, white boy
Play that Christmas music right

;)

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger