November 18, 2023

It’s a chilly start

No more bad seventies music videos, at least for today. My strength is returning from my covid spell. Better yet, the wife is finally feeling better. The projects around the house have been in suspension for the past week. Stuff still needs to be put up on the walls, the new rug put down, and finding a place for all of those Barbies and toys. 

Outside, the leaves are ankle deep in the front yard. I still have limbs from the lilac bushes to cut up into small pieces. The front gutters are overflowing with leaves. 

We need to go to the grocery and make a Walmart run. I will take another test to make sure I’m not infectious, but there is zero chance I’m wearing a mask. If you are worried about my germs, go ahead and mask up. I don’t care. Just don’t wear it in the car, driving by yourself. You look (and are) foolish if you do. 

Overall, it is time to start digging out the Christmas decorations. That means rearranging all of the stuff we just put into place! We have so much to do, all without overtaxing our weakened systems. There is plenty to do. 

And a decided lack of energy to it. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like my MIL always said: "Those leaves will still be there when you're ready for 'em. They ain't goin' anywhere."

I would add now though: But your life is. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Funny story... I HAD to wear a mask in the car by myself recently. My denture was being repaired, and I'm not goin' ANYWHERE without my denture, or a mask. So there. ;)

Freddie

Anonymous said...

There you go. One more lesson teaching me not to judge!
Joe

glasslass said...

I was pulling into my drive and next door neighbor was cleaning his gutters. With his leaf blower. He completed his 3K ft home in less than an hour. Most of that spent moving the ladder.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Masks (the usual cheap paper type or, worse, cloth) don't stop the virus. Any virus. What stops viruses is a healthy immune system and having the intelligence to stay home and get well if one manages to sneak past your defenses.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Glasslass -- that's how I did mine, till I got too old and fat and called a service, and then that's how they did it ;)

Linda said...

I don't care how foolish I look. I feel safer. Just don't look if you get offended.
What is this about Barbie dolls?

Joe said...

You are safe from what when you are by yourself?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger