December 18, 2023

Stormy Monday

Here we are back to Monday again.  It’s like it rolls around every seven days or so.  I wish I had tales of excitement and wonder about the weekend to share with you on this cold, breezy Monday. I don’t. 

I wrote a few thousand words in a potential new book no one will likely read. Who knows if I’ll even finish? This tale is plotted and semi-outlined, unlike my last effort. It sorta wrote itself. “I know,” you say, “I could tell.” I need to do the work on the next one. I keep getting off track with research. The historian Barbara Tuchman once said that research is endlessly seductive, writing is hard work. Yes. On both accounts . 

This is going to be a busy work week. I better skip off the old blog and get at it. 

Enjoy your Monday. 

No music today. You deserve a break. 

2 comments:

slugmama said...

I find research(mostly genealogy)is a rabbit hole, like Alice in Wonderland encountered. It's hard to extract oneself from that. Writing coherently OTOH is hard work.
Good luck on your next book. ;-)

Ed Bonderenka said...

In the Bishop's Wife, the Professor wonders if he'll finish his work.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger