March 24, 2024

My current desktop background is waterfalls of the world and other stuff of no interest to anyone

 I finally did some writing for the first time in about six weeks yesterday. As is often the case, I have to do a little research in my effort to get the story at least a little bit accurate for its historical content*. I hope no one needs to look at my search history on my phone, because it is going to be a little hard to explain a search for women's underwear in the 1930's. 

Yes, I told my wife that and she laughed. She reminded me of the time I explained to her why the Can Can dance was so controversial and outrageous and it wasn't because the dancers were kicking their legs up in the air, per se. 

Anyway, I wrote some stuff. Is it any good? Probably not. I hope there is a nugget or two of 'good enough' hidden in the pages of mundane prose to make it a worthwhile read. Someday. If I ever finish the thing. I think this story is better than the last one. It is different, anyway. I will say that there a few passages in the previous book that I am proud of, and think aren't too bad, hidden by a lot of "get on with it" filler.  Your mileage may vary. 

If you aren't sure, you probably should just buy the published book and decide for yourself. There is a link over there on the right. No, there will be no audio book forthcoming. No one wants to hear my lispy twangy reedy nasal voice reading anything. 


*Yes, I have even checked the weather for the days the story is set so I can get it right.  It is probably a little much, I suspect. But I know it is accurate, so there is that.


1 comment:

Aviator said...

Thank you for the authenticity and sincerity in your writing. Connect with fellow Aviator gamers on our blog.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger