April 19, 2024

Adios

It is with great sadness I hear of the passing of Dickie Betts of the Allman Brothers band. Betts wrote some of my favorite tunes including this one I occasionally sing in full volume when I’m alone in the car:


Why not a double take for Friday music?


I know all of the words to BOTH songs.

On a different note, yesterday’s post was supposed to publish Today, but through operator error was scheduled for the 18th instead. By the time I noticed the mistake, it was too late. 

2 comments:

Scott said...

In my time of being a soundman for live shows, I did a bunch with Dickey and the ABB in one of their incarnations. One thing was always sure to happen- When the guitar solo on "Jessica" started, every butt in the place would get on their feet. Special times, great memories.

Anonymous said...

I bet you have great stories, Scott

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger