April 22, 2024

I need a little bread and cheese to go with that whine

I have said for years that it is rare that I wake up and say to myself “I don’t want to go to work today.” Well, except that year or so during Covid when I was out of meaningful work and was laboring at Lowe’s, but you get the gist. I like my job. Today is one of those days where I do want to log on. 

I’ve been dealing with a myriad of issues at work and I don’t want to deal with it yet again today. I will. By the time I get through my emails I will be fully in the swing of things. Still, I am reminded it is Monday.  

I used to say I could never see myself retired. I would have to work at something. At this point, five more years seems like forever. 

Things will be better tomorrow. 

4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

"It looks like someone is having a case of the Mondays..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UgYO07rC0

Anonymous said...

Indeed, Ed

Joe

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

234 calendar days till retirement.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

I was on a different schedule until my great unemployment phase. That put us on a new path.

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger