August 27, 2026

Not happening

 Here we are early on a Thursday. Today is trash day. Worry not, my bin was rolled to the curb last night. It marks 186 weeks since I had to put my recycling bin next to it's standard garbage counterpart.  It is not because I'm a superior environmentalist, I have no compost bin. I do not eschew corregated boxes nor plastics in my house. 

Only about 21% of residential recyclables in the U.S. are actually captured and recycled, with plastic recycling rates dropping as low as 5%. I'm not going to wash my trash when it is likely going into the landfill (or shipped to China to go in their landfills) anyway. 

You can come and sort my trash if you feel strongly about it. 

Okay, it's been a couple of months. I cut down the corregated boxes (they are not cardboard, you heathens) when they build up and put them in that seldom-used bin with the yellow lid. 

But I'm not bothering with the other stuff. 

1 comment:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Down here in Indy, you have to pay extra for the privilege, and the Chicago-mob-run trash contractor can stuff it. Recycling is a green joke.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger