July 23, 2005

Weekend grab bag II

In several posts below I linked to some very good blogs. They are in my daily reads.

On occasion I jump the electronic waves to see what other people are working on. Here is a sampling from masterchief60.blogspot:

I live on a different planet called Ariho (Pronounced Ahr- EE- ho) with the Dragons of Bloodbound.


Is this weird or what? Maybe this sounds like fun to you from damfinoblog.blogspot:

SO - Saturday, August 6th, a group will form and make their way the only way they know how. Right over to Jordan Creek 20plex for a viewing of "The Dukes of Hazzard." Shocking.. I know. But here is the catch - we are going dressed up in total hick/cowboy getup. I am in the process of getting some boots (cowboy boots... hard to get free ones and I ain't buying them) and I am frantically searching for the appropriately hick belt buckle!


There has been a lot of discussion about Ebonics as a language lately, but there is a whole new issue with language among high schoolers. This new language is the stepchild of instant messaging and text messaging. I fear that grammar and spelling will soon go the way of albums and reel to reel tapes. Here is an example from queenyazi22210.blogspot:

Im already gettin Jitters about the new school year. Sumtimes I have this vision of who i wanna be in my head but then I flake out at the last minute. It sux. But I just got new Hurleys(with palm trees on them) and a ton of cool , on sale, stuff from Abercrombie(can u say tunic) so I think im ready. well w/e. Comment all your emaressing school moments and back to school jitters, I guesse this monthe is named "jitter month". so comment plz!!


Am I the only one who thinks this is insidious and ridiculous? Help me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have said insipid- but that's just me. Whatever the case, yeah, ridiculous.

WWWGeek said...

I'm right there with you. Without proper grammar and sentence structure these kids have no chance.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger