June 7, 2005

What I see while looking out my office window, goofing off and not working

I am looking out the big window of my office. I see an old guy pull up in a rusted out, dented Dodge Caravan of 1990's vintage. You know, the boxy model. It is navy blue. He jumps out. He is wearing a dirty wife beater Tshirt, plaid shorts, calf-high black socks and black dress shoes. He sports NASCAR Jeff Gordon hat and gloves. Yes, I said gloves. It is more than 90 degrees outside.

He looks around frantically, pacing off grids in the parking lot looking for something lost. He gives up, takes off the gloves with what appears to be disgust. He jumps back into the running Dodge and leaves.

A crow sits on the electric pole.

Someone is working on their car at the Auto Zone. I hope they know what they are doing.

Cars pull in and out of the BP/Amoco across the street.

That cloud looks like a baby elephant, a shape changing dumbo. That one a dildo.

I am bored. The phone rings, back to work.

It was just someone trying to sell me advertising in the Yellow Pages, I give them the quick and mighty brush off.

There goes a cop car, siren blaring, lights flashing.

A tan Buick just like my mom's is in the drive-through at KFC. it is an old person's car. It is not her, she lives 80 miles away. Probably some other old people; they like to eat early. Now a mini van pulls up. Maybe June Cleaver is pulling a fast one on Ward and the boys -- foisting off the Colonel's chicken as her own? Whay are all of these people buying chicken at 4:00 in the afternoon?

There are four cars and one truck in the parking lot of the Mexican grocery. I am told that referring to Mexicans as "Mexican" is politically incorrect. I should have said at the Hispanic grocery. Sorry, I am not sure what the business is called, the sign is in Spanish.

There goes a small plane. There go a couple of guys on a motorcycle. Looks like fun. If I had the dough, I would by one myself. Two guys on a bike does look a little queer though, don't you think? Is that comment also a political faux pas?

Is it quitting time yet?

I bet by now you are as bored as I.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger