July 29, 2011

Friday Covers

I am up and at it early this morning. I am going to breakfast later with my daughter. She and I have not hung out for longer than I can remember. I see her a lot, and we talk, but I cannot remember the last one-on-one conversation. It will be fun.

It is finally Friday, this has been a long week. I am not sure why. Each work day seems to last about 10 hours. Probably because I have been waking early and sitting at the desk.  I start in on Emails around 6:30, then break to do this blogging bullshit, and then back to work.  When 4:30 or 5:00 rolls around I have been at the computer for ten hours! It is just that some of the time is spent screwing around the interwebz.

Here is some music for you on a Friday morning. This song has been stuck in my skull for a couple of weeks now. It is not a particular favorite (I don't hate it either). It was part of the setlist the performer did at one of the joints the wife and I visited on vacation. The band at last weekend's wine tasting also played it. I heard it on the radio last night. I just cannot seem to escape the tune. Maybe sharing it with you will get it out of my head?:



This is the Dobie Gray version most of old farts remember.

Here is a version by Uncle Kracker:


And finally, here is a cover of the song done by The Rolling Stones I never knew existed. One can learn something every day:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No contest, Dobie all the way.










James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger