July 28, 2011

Reason 2,937 getting old sucks

I made myself a nice lunch today. A sandwich of hard salami, pepper jack cheese and colby jack cheese was accompanied by some Cheetos and apple turnover yogurt (Lite!). A diet Dr. Pepper washed it all down.

About halfway through the sandwich I got a nasty bite of salami. It was chewy and I spit it out into my napkin. I took another bite and could not even chew it. That bite too went into my napkin. I decided to pick the salami off the bread and just eat cheese. I figured I should not get the Store-brand lunch meat next time.

As I pulled apart the meat I noticed the paper that separated the slices of cheese was on the sandwich. A nice half moon of a bite was gone from the waxy paper. It was not gristle and bone in the hard salami -- it was the cheese paper.

After picking out the paper, my lunch was pretty good. In addition, I answered an age-old philosophical question. I still don't know if a tree makes a noise when it falls in the forest if no one hears it, but I do know you can be embarrassed when no one else is in the room.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ya know, if ya want roughage, lettuce is better than paper. Really.
Although, if you eat paper does that mean you don't have to wipe after...
never mind.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's ever done that.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger